And it’s Wednesday, which means it’s time
for our weekly dose of celebrity news with our Michelle Kim. Hello Michelle. Hello Conn-young. So what’s new in the entertainment world this
week? It was a rough week for singer Joss Stone.
As you may remember, she was the target of a robbery and murder attempt in 2011. Last
week, the two men tried for the crime were found guilty after a trial in southwest England.
I have the details for you right now. Britons Junior Bradshaw and Kevin Liverpool
were found guilty last Wednesday of plotting to murder and rob British Grammy Award winning
singer Joss Stone because they were angered by her links to the British royal family. The singer had performed at a charity event
organized by Princes William and Harry and she attended the wedding of William and the
Duchess of Cambridge, formerly Kate Middleton. Prosecutors said that Bradshaw and Liverpool
planned to behead the singer before throwing her body in a river near her rural home in
southwest England. They said handwritten notes found at the men’s
flat described Queen Elizabeth and Stone as “devils” and talked of “destroying the queen’s
system.” Detective Superintendent Martin Sutcliffe
said during the trial? that the two men had shown great determination
to cause serious harm to Stone, as they had traveled from an area miles and miles away
from the singer’s home. This wasn’t the first time Liverpool and Bradshaw
had planned to attack Stone. The two had previously planned to attack the
singer in June 2011 but were arrested nearby. Although both men denied the charges, Liverpool
was jailed for life with a minimum term of 10 years and eight months, and Bradshaw will
be sentenced later.